So this is a rare post where I don’t actually like the recipe. I figure by posting it, maybe someone out there can tell me a way to tweak it or something else to put it on or whatever. I put it on pasta, and I liked it a lot at first, but after a few bites I was not thrilled with it. Just help me make it better!
Keep in mind you have to soak the cashews overnight, so it does require a little planning.
So here it is:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder or fresh garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder or fresh onion
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Soak cashews overnight. Drain and discard the water.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Use right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for three days.
So, help me! What can I put this on to make it better? I’ve found that in order to reduce the amount of dairy in my diet, I need to come up with replacements for all the things I like. (I have no evidence, but I bet dairy addiction is real) Leave your suggestions in the comments. 🙂