These cookies are really simple and use ingredients you probably already have in your home!
I used to request a variation of these cookies all the time when my mom was baking. Her’s were always done with a lot of chocolate, but to me, there is no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate. So I took her technique and added my own little spin- enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal (I use either old fashioned or quick oats- either works!)
- In a large saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.
- Heat to boiling and boil for 60 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add oatmeal and mix until combined again.
- Drop by the spoonful onto wax paper and let set.
You can set these quickly in the freezer, or you can just let them cool on their own. They store well in open air, but can also be stored in a closed container in the fridge.
These can also be made “non-vegan” by opting out of the vegan substitutes. It’s delicious either way!
Let me know if you try the recipe in the comments! I’m going to go eat another cookie now. 🙂