- Put a few drops of essential oil in your vacuum’s bag or filter to spread scent throughout the home.
- Lemon essential oil is a great de-greaser.
- Use cotton dryer balls instead of dryer sheets for a more eco-friendly load of laundry, and bonus: they leave your clothes softer AND dry your clothes faster, therefore saving electricity. Wins all around! Get some for yourself by clicking here!
PS: For a lovely scent, add six drops of essential oil per cotton ball and toss them in the laundry. I like lavender or mint, personally!
- Mix four tablespoons lemon juice and one gallon of water for a natural window cleaner.
- Keep your windows open. Did you know that sometimes the air within your home can be more toxic than the air outside? That’s because it gets polluted with the harsh chemicals of the products we use. Letting fresh air in also lets stale air out.
- Boil spices for a natural air freshener.
- You can use cornstarch and baking soda to deodorize carpets. Just spread over the area and vacuum after 30 minutes.
- Use olive oil to polish wood.
- One cup of white vinegar mixed with one gallon of water plus a tablespoon of lemon juice for a cleaner fit for tile, linoleum and wood.
- Keep houseplants around that are known for purifying the air. Spider plants, ficuses and ferns all naturally remove toxins from the air in your home or office.
- Cut up old t-shirts for reusable rags.
Do you have anything to add to this list? Let me know in the comments!
*Please note: I receive compensation for items bought through my affiliate links, but as always, my opinions are my own. Please consider doing business with my trusted affiliates, not only do I recommend them, your shopping helps me pay the bills! ❤