Tis the season to bake with apples, fa la la la la…
Hello and happy Sunday!
I am currently curled up on my couch, watching the Patriots beat the Dolphins (come on, only a couple minutes left! DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE!) in between laundry loads and just finished making vegan apple crisp. It may still be warm outside, but it’s fall inside.
Today I thought I would share my recipe for vegan apple crisp! I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com simply substituting the dairy products for vegan options. This recipe is my husband’s absolute favorite, and when I made it vegan today he couldn’t even tell the difference!
Here it is:
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake time: 35-55 minutes
- 6 apples, cored and sliced
- 1 box vegan white cake mix (Duncan Hines cake mix is vegan!)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Skin, core and slice your apples. Spread evenly in a lightly greased 8″ x 13″ pan.
- Combine vegan cake mix, brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Add melted vegan butter and mix. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Spread mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 for 35-55 minutes. *This truly depends on your oven! The recipe I adapted this from said 45-55 minutes, but my oven finished it in 35. Bake until it begins to brown on top!
Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
PS: Patriots win! But not before raising my blood pressure… guess I’ll just go comfort myself with some apple crisp!