It has been one week since my accident, and while the road to recovery is a long one, I can’t complain. I have my life.
I wanted to make a list of things to be grateful for, just in case I feel like complaining I can remind myself of all these things. Having a list like this on hand comes in handy during hard times and I highly recommend you make one for yourself. 🙂
- I get time off work.
- I have the ability to take time off work to heal.
- My injuries are mostly surface injuries that will simply take time to heal.
- My other injuries aren’t permanent, either.
- The overall goodness of people, whether they’ve sent kind thoughts or flowers or food.
- I’ll have a new story to tell.
- At least I went swimming in the Pacific (a lifelong goal complete).
- I did go snorkeling for the first time which was freaking awesome.
- I lost weight.
- I get to try so many new smoothies.
- All the doctors I’ve seen have been sensitive, understanding and have a sense of urgency in getting me well.
- My engagement ring broke in the accident BUT my fiancé replaced the diamond. I’m thankful he has the ability to do that, the fact he did it for me without hesitation, and I’m really excited to see my new ring pretty soon.
- I noticeably improve every single day.
- I have an excuse to eat as much pudding as I want.
- Netflix exists.
- Going through the airport in a wheelchair was an experience. It has never been so convenient and easy to get through customs.
- I can scare children just by looking at them (kidding!).
- I get to recover at home.
- My family lives close by and are able to help us.
- So much time to read!
That’s it for now, but I think I have a good list going. What’s on your thankful list?